Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Assassin's Creed Revelations first impressions


I recently pre-ordered AC Revelations, since I'm absolutely in love with the series. So a little info on the edition that I got, which happens to be a Special Edition, before I go to my first impressions . This edition comes with the Soundtrack, which is totally out of this world, 2 extra multiplayer character and the Turkish Assassin Outfit for Ezio, with is pretty cool, if you are tired watching Ezio's standard costumes.

Overall I am quite satisfied and can say that my pre-order was not in vain. Love the character of Yusuf Tazim. It doesn't kill to put in a little humour, and this proves it. The overall gameplay is similar, except for a few button re-maps and some optimized systems. But then again that is what makes the game so accessible. The settings are really well done, as always with the series, but somehow, Istanbul is a lot more attractive than Rome. And yeah, there are some really detailed textures this time in the city, makes it come alive. And yeah, the hook blade is a wonderful addition, specially for those that didn't like the climb leap jump. And the zipping around is quite fun. Also worth mentioning is the character modeling. Ezio looks a lot mature now, and tired. Even his movement shows his weariness of fighting which seems, as he so correctly puts, to lead only to chaos. Oh and I like the new things they've done to the recruitment mini-game.

Apart from these, this game is one buggy game. Ubisoft should've put more time in optimizing it. There were instances when the sound would stop playing, or the instance when Ezio would grab just air and climb up. Another instance had me hanging on a ledge and just the animation for climbing up playing without Ezio going up, even though the ledge was perfectly climb-able. I had to drop down and try going around until I found a spot that was free from the bug. And yeah, there was just a single bug free spot. Also, the desync in chase sequences happen as soon as the warning sign appears. Plus I even managed to fall to the underground table in the middle of Constantinople, from the where you can't see the sea for miles. Hopefully Ubisoft will patch these out quickly, even though there is already a Day 1 patch out, weighing in around 700 MBs. You can grab it here, if you are looking for it. Just right-click and save it.

Though I haven't really gone through the majority of the game, so will probably later add a more detailed review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...