Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut

Due to some technical problem with my net connection, I just finished downloading The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut from GoG today. If you remember from my older post, you’ll know about the promo that’s running at GoG from 10th May till 24th May. Though I do prefer physical copies, unless there are some irresistible Steam deals, I went out of my way and got the game as soon as I booted up my computer on the 10th of May. And was I happy that I did purchase the game online. The retail box here still costs about Rs 1500. In addition to the general goodies, I also got the extra GoG goodies, which include the Witcher Story, Soundtrack, Music Inspired by, 18 HD Wallpapers, Witcher Calendar and the likes. Out of all these, the soundtrack alone makes up for the $5 price that GoG is charging. Quite frankly, it's one of the best I've heard so far.
As for the game, when I first played the demo back in 2007, I was very disappointed. Not only were the load times very long, and I mean really long tea-break-length long, but it was missing simple things like an auto-save. Plus the game stuttered and crashed quite a few times, and along with a weird combat system, I eventually gave up on the game. But then I read the review of the EE, and how CD Projeckt fixed many bugs and re-did the dialogues and slashed the loading time by about 80%. But the price was still the deterrent. But thanks to GoG, I can now say that whosoever has not played this game is officially missing a great RPG from their collection. The GoG version of the game is fully patched to patch 1.5. Not only is the game more stable, with better dialogue, but also the load times, my greatest gripe, are pretty quick. The game starts up almost instantaneously and the loads that took well over 15 mins for me in the demo barely take 5 secs. Plus they now have an auto-save feature that saves your progress before every major encounter, a real boon for some players. The inventory is also revamped, with sorting and stacking buttons and separate places for quest, general inventory and alchemy items. I would advise discovering this game by one-self. I don't want to spoil the fun.
Like I’ve already told, I would absolutely recommend it to every and any RPG lover who wants a little mature storyline in the game and doesn’t want to see a Black and White world, rather have a world that's shades of Grey.
You can check out all the extra content that this game comes with for free in addition to the game and the patch features:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I just wish all the games could offer something of such tremendous values!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...